Thank you all for following along with me throught my whole pregnancy! It's been such an amazing experience, but I am so glad that Kaily is finally here a week and 4 days late! Now, Please following me as I share pictures and stories of her growing up! XOXO

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's so close... after such a long wait!

I am finally in my 39th week and might I add, extremely ready for this little girl be here!!

First off, got some great news from my Dr. yesterday. I’m 80% effaced!!! What does that mean? Check out this link, http://www.ehow.com/way_5385431_mean-effaced.html -it will explain it all in detail. Over all though, it’s good news and means that the beginning stages of labor have started and we are headed in the right direction!! My doctor won’t give me a prediction of when he thinks she’ll come, but my guess is soon. He also estimated her birth weight as of yesterday at 6 ibs 4 oz.; a cute little baby!

I’ve been feeling okay, but having the added weight has REALLY been hard for me and on my body. Being just under 5ft and normally about 96Ib, over this whole 9 months, I’ve gained 40Ibs!! YIKES! You’d think I have a big baby, but no… I just like to eat!!! Every morning, I feel like my back is going to give in on me… and now I’ve been having really bad circulation in my left arm, so my hand & joints are super achy and very stiff. Getting a good night sleep is impossible between waking up to arms and legs numb & a huge belly which takes a lot of effort just to roll to the other side, then I have Jason snoring! But honestly, aside from all this, I must say that I’ve been pretty lucky and have had a really healthy, normal pregnancy! I have many friends that were pregnant along side of me or still are and hearing some of their problems, makes me think how blessed I truly am! Kaily’s healthy, I’m healthy, and all the stuff I’ve bitch and moaned about are all normal pregnancy things, so I REALLY can’t complain.

The Serrenho House is completely finished being put together and Kaily’s room is just absolutely adorable. I’m sorry I don’t have pictures to post… I’ll get some up soon. We went to BabiesRUs last weekend and got all the final things we need! Bath stuff, bottles, medicines, etc… Her bed in our room is all made and just waiting patiently for her!

I’m so excited that my mom is coming in town on Thursday!! We are going to just relax, walk the beach, and spend some mommy/daughter time before Kaily arrives and consumes all my time!
My hope is for the next time I’m here, I’ll have an announcement and a picture of our precious little princess…. Maybe this weekend?! Keep us in your prayers…. XOXO


Again, our contact info is below….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 Pregnancy Ticker