Thank you all for following along with me throught my whole pregnancy! It's been such an amazing experience, but I am so glad that Kaily is finally here a week and 4 days late! Now, Please following me as I share pictures and stories of her growing up! XOXO

Monday, December 20, 2010

9 months old.... REALLY?!

Nine months old!! Every month is such a fun month, but this month has really been fun. She's seriously turning into such a lady! Every day, I feel like I see her mature and every day, she just reminds me how lucky I am to have her.

This past month was her first Thanksgiving! We hung out with our friend Miranda and her baby Finn, who is exactly 1 month older. While we were having green bean casserole, Kaily was having it in a jar. While we were having sweet potatoes, she was having it in a jar. While we were eating our banana pudding, she was eating an actual banana! So I tried to make it as “festive” as I could for her too!!

What does she eat?: Speaking of food, I’ve been trying to give her as much non-baby food as possible. Getting those gums and jaws working! She’s eats banana’s all the time, but I’ve given her avocado, pieces of toast, some tastes of oranges- but she doesn’t like those too much. She drinks water with all of her meals now, but still doesn’t get the concept of a sippy cup, so I have to either give her a little bottle or let her drink out of a regular cup- which then she chokes if she drinks to fast!

No teeth yet: She still doesn’t have any teeth yet! I guess I got my teeth late, so if she’s anything like me (besides all her looks!!!) then she’ll get hers late too. But I can tell she’s teething because she’s drooling a lot more.

Words she can say: One of the most fun new things is Kaily says DOG! And you can tell it’s dog because you can totally hear the G. You point at our dogs and she says “dog” or “a dog”. Super cute! She also says mama, dada, and everything I say she’s starting to try to repeat. You can’t tell the word, but she says the same amount of syllables. So it is time that we watch what we say and know that she’s at the age of really understanding!! A couple more things she says is “I did it” and “I got it”. Pretty amazing!!

Crawling like a champ!: When we were at our friends house on my birthday, Kaily crawled up the stairs for the first time. She acted like she’s done it many times, because she just climbed right up! She’s also finding ways to climb up onto the couch, weather she’s stepping on one of her toys or climbing up daddy’s leg, she eventually makes it up there!

Turns off lights: Jason walks around the house and Kaily will turn lights off at night before she goes to bed. He holds her up to the light switch and she’ll push it down. Then she gets excited hand SMILES and waves her hands up and down.

Poopy in her potty: Although I’ve been putting on her potty for months now, she’s peed a few times already~ When she wakes up from a nap or before she gets into the bath tub ~ but she actually has pooped in her potty for the first time! I could just see that she was starting to make her poopy face, so I quickly took her diaper off and put her on her potty!! Horrrrayyy!!

Some other stuff: We went to Knots Berry Farms (amusement park) for the first time. My first time too… although she didn’t ride any rides, she still got to see all the fun Christmas decorations and lights. She was in the Bjorn the whole time and had so much fun! She’s now stayed with two babysitters at night and both times she’s done great. We also celebrated my 28th birthday at our friend Tandi & Josh’s house. All our friends with babies were all there to celebrate! She has started giving kisses... you say "give me a kiss" and she'll lean in where her face touches yours... and sometimes give you an open-mouth kiss. We're still working on that one!

I feel like I'm forgetting so much.... Well, Christmas is in 5 more days, so we’re excited to spend our first Christmas together and open all the fun gifts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 Pregnancy Ticker