Thank you all for following along with me throught my whole pregnancy! It's been such an amazing experience, but I am so glad that Kaily is finally here a week and 4 days late! Now, Please following me as I share pictures and stories of her growing up! XOXO

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 months.... going on 5!!!!!

Has it really been 10 months since I gave birth to Kaily!? WOW!!!! There's so much that went on last month, I dont know even know where to start!!! I'll try to make it as short and to the point as possible, but also try to add in everything I can because she is has become a REALLY fun little girl.


Lets start with her 9 month check up on 9/27- Weighing in at a "WHOPPING" 14 Pounds & 2 ounces!! Dr says that's perfectly normal for her bone size, and because she is so active. (Crawling & pulling herself up since 7 m., walking while holding onto things since 8 m.) She's only only in the 2nd percentile.... which really doesn't mean much!! And for height, she's just a little over 25 inches. She's summed up in one word~ Petite! ((Where does she get that from?))




We had such a fun first Christmas!!! She got lots of fun toys, ornaments from her grandparents, some clothes, and we got her her first Barbie doll.


On New Years Day, we celebrated 2011 by going to the beach. Although it was a little wet & cold, we still visited our favorite place! It was really her first time to play with sand at beach because last summer, she was so young... At first, I put her down on the sand and she started playing with it and got scared. She starting crying so I picked her up. Wanted nothing to do with the sand for about 10 mins. Then she finally saw me playing with it so she slowly started touching it. Finally, before we left, she was okay with it and realized it wasn't something to be scared of. It was very weird and something I didn't expect.... but she's a little diva~ and maybe just didn't like her hands to be messy!


On 12/29 we had the scariest incident when Kaily got a hold of small thin piece of plastic. I knew something was in her mouth because she kept playing with her tongue. I stuck my finger in her mouth to get it, & she gagged several times and she was super scared! I just went into mom-mode, kept calm, just focus on getting it out. Jason thought she was just playing with her tongue but I knew something was still in there. I finally got it out and Kaily was so shaken up she could hardly catch her breath. It was a crazy scary experience!


She's been eating lots more real foods that aren't pureed- shredded cheese, cottage cheese, black beans, slices of pears, brown rice, blueberries and I try to give her just about anything that I am eating that is soft enough for her to eat like, spaghetti... I haven't given her meat yet though! She still nurses at least 5-6 times a day and eats real food 5 times a day 3 meals and 2 snacks (fruits or baby cracker)


Kaily wants to take steps so badly! When she's holding onto something.... She'll let go and stand there for like 2 seconds and then realize she's not going anywhere, so her knees will buckle and she'll sit down. But she will climb on anything in sight! And she's almost standing up with out holding onto something, her favorite position is where she has one leg on the ground and kneeling with one leg, almost like she's going to stand up on it!


Last but not least, this last couple weeks have been ROUGH!!! On 1/11, she woke up with a fever at 4 am and lasted all day, ranging from 99.5-101.5!! She had no other sick symptoms, really clingy to me and I could tell her mouth was in pain because she would chew on her fingers non-stop! I didn't give her medicine, I just let her sleep as much as she wanted and gave her a luke-warm bath. Her fever broke the next day but was still super uncomfortable! Still... no teeth have come through yet! What the heck?!! (I didn't get my first tooth until I was 17 months old! YIKES!!!)


As of a few days ago, she's been doing much better with her sleeping routine. She's back to only waking up once a night... and if I ignore her, she'll go back to sleep and make it until the morning. But I love our cuddle time, so I don't mind getting up to get her!


Other fun new things:


  • Along with words she has been already saying... "dog", "mama", "dada", "I got it", "I did it".... Here are some NEW words she's been saying~ "again" (she started this when she turns off the lights because she wants to do it again every time we walked away) "ball"


  • She tries to mimic every sound you make- click your tongue and she does it, blow raspberries and she does it, make an animal sound and she "tries" but this one she still needs to work on! If you clap, she claps!! And she's almost able to give you a high-five! And she LOVES to dance! Turns some music on, and she'll instantly sway her hips and start dancing.


  • When she's done eating, she blows her lips and spits all over the place. I'm really trying to teach her the word "done" for a much a cleaner way for her to tell me she's full!


  • We put her outside tree swing up in the front yard~ She loved it!!


  • She can put shapes in the right shape toy, and rings on the ring stacker! She loves all the toys that make her use her brain. They will entertain her for a while!


  • She loves to chase after the dogs.... She'll just crawl all over the house chasing after them.

  • Her favorite thing to do is take clothes out of her drawers or her dirty basket! One by one.... and throws them on the floor! (Now if I could only teach her how to put them back!)


This new year is full of surprises.... I can't wait for all her new things to come. Including her 1st birthday party, which I've already started planning!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 Pregnancy Ticker